ATK Update

Trouble getting to da choppa'? Ask here or email us.

ATK Update

Postby artkitekt » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:37 pm

Sorry for the black-out here on the forums! There have been many personal and career changes outside of ATK. I had a son, started working at Riot Games and John is now at Pixomondo. Fast forward, I'm now actively working on ATK again this month. I hope to push an update out within the next couple of weeks.

There are many support requests here that span months, I will try to move through them as fast as I can and will compile an FAQ thread with common issues.

Thank you for your patience and I apologize for letting ATK go on auto-pilot.

-Andru Phoenix
Andru Phoenix
ATK Developer
artkitekt
Site Admin

Re: ATK Update

Postby milkywaif » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:47 pm

Wow... Nice to see you back Andru and congratulations. It's been a year (or more?) and I thought ATK was abandoned. Glad to see that it did not happen. I'm looking forward that update!
milkywaif

Postby SnipeyX » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:35 am

Just wanted to hop on and cheer provide some motivation / encouragement for some new updates!

I just moved production to Max 2016. I installed the original mzp file I got when I bought it (1.008) and transferred the licence from my 2015 install, just like I did moving from 14 to 15. However for some reason I couldn't get the update button to work. It would check for updates, say there's a new one, but upon click "Yes download & install" it would never do anything. Possibly ATK/Max related, possibly not, worked fine for 2015 though. I wound up just copying all the files from my user/local/max/scripts/ATK area instead.

No idea what's going to work yet or not, first off I tried using the CamRig (one of the things I love and use every project). Obviously with 2016 we have the Physical Camera now, non-vray specific. Trying to create a vray camera errors saying its not creatable, and the 'Standard' camera is of course not creating the physical one. I'll likely just wind up rebuilding one manually and merging that into new projects until we can get an updated ATK :(
SnipeyX

Postby rodrigotrovao » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:22 pm

Right. Try this: start your 3dsmax2016 as admin. Worked for me.
rodrigotrovao

Postby Zykras » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:17 pm

Concerning the camera: Why not just align and link the new PhysCam to the Camera in the CamRig? I even do that with 2015 sometimes to have even more control over my cameras.
Zykras

Postby lovejunjie1 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:28 pm

Wow,you have a baby.congratulations!!!
lovejunjie1

Return to Support