Did the developers simply abandoned this product?

Trouble getting to da choppa'? Ask here or email us.

Did the developers simply abandoned this product?

Postby paulodand » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:59 pm

I was already really disappointed with the support of the plugin in 2014 when they stopped answering emails.
I had to search for a pirate cracked version of the plugin (THAT I ALREADY OWN) because the license system would't activate the damn script, and I had so muchwork pilling up.
Now today I was on Scriptspot and saw the plugin again. I came back to see if anything had changed. Not only it HASN'T, the forums are completely abandoned, with people who bought the plugin making posts saying that they get no activation and/or emails, but worst than that, the homepage of the plugin has been updated to show that the script is compatible with Max 2010/2017!
Really?
Not gonna update the forums, answer emails, or take care of activations. But was very efficient in updating the description of the plugin so more people would put their money on this, and be lost in the empty forums later.
If there will be no more support, then after almost 3 years at least open source it so someone else keep improving the plugin, and people can use it. Or at a minimum stop selling it.
ATK is a great script, but the support is probably the worst I've seen in a paid extension.
paulodand

Re: Did the developers simply abandoned this product?

Postby artkitekt » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:52 pm

This review is completely fair. We have since then made great effort to improve our licensing system.
Please read about it here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139

Licensing System Fixes
We have received many reports by customers about our spotty email system and have developed an email-free method of activation:
    Upon purchase, you will immediately be forwarded to a private page with your licensing information.
    Enter your token and you're done, you will no longer have to go through two-factor authentication.
    Token resets increased from 2 to 5.
    If you are an existing user and would like your private page that shows your licensing information, please reach out to me.
Andru Phoenix
ATK Developer
artkitekt
Site Admin

Return to Support