installation question

Trouble getting to da choppa'? Ask here or email us.

installation question

Postby necter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:19 am

In the past I've had issues with plugin installations. So I wanted to understand what ATK's install procedure is. i.e. I buy the software. I download the software and serial no. I unzipp, click on install, enter SN, agree to terms and it installs. I launch max and start using? OR I wait when the full moon is in capricorn and give the blood of my pet hedgehog to install.

Please describe the ATK installed procedure. Thanks
necter

Re: installation question

Postby milkywaif » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:11 am

When I bought it I got an install link instantly. I installed it and launched then it asked me to activate. I clicked activate button. It sent an email with my hardware info. After few mins I received an email with activation code. I entered it. That's it.
milkywaif

Postby necter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:24 am

milkywaif ,

thanks that's good to hear.
necter

Postby artkitekt » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:22 pm

Hey necter, sorry for the delay. I've been working hard on client work! Milkywaif is absolutely right.

Milkwaif- Thanks for the hand! :)

Here's the full scope:

1) Download trial.
2) Purchase license. A registration token will be sent to your PayPal email address, instantly.
3) In ATK go to Options > Register. Enter your token. An activation code will be emailed to you, instantly.
4) Paste your activation code into the Register window and click 'Activate'.
5) Pop lock dance.

You can use this same activation code for all installations of 3DS Max on your machine.
Andru Phoenix
ATK Developer
artkitekt
Site Admin

Postby wiegep » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:02 am

What if there is a wish to install ATK on your desktop pc and also on your laptop for one and the same user? Is this possible? Not working on both pc's at the same time. I want to be able to experiment and work with ATK also when i'm on the Go. I could not find this issue in your copyright and disclaimer or something.
wiegep

Postby artkitekt » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:54 am

Great question. Each license of ATK can be installed on two machines, for our users that would like to take ATK to home/work.

Here's how it works: when you have registered in one place, email us and we'll reset your license check-in so that you may register elsewhere. It's the same process if you reformat.
Andru Phoenix
ATK Developer
artkitekt
Site Admin

Postby wiegep » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:17 am

Nice, thanks for this quick response on my quick reply :)
Another follow up question. What if i have installed my two licenses on the computers and i want to port one license to another computer,
Case A: Do i have to reset my license check-in from the old computer and register on the new computer again through email?
Case B: What if i forgot to reset license check-in on the old computer and this computer is formatted and i want to install ATK on another computer?

Oh and by the way, ATK is GREAT for an even greater price-level. (PolyFx is more expensive and delivers less functionality and possibilities). Thanks!
wiegep

Postby artkitekt » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:28 am

No problem. In either of those cases I will reset your license check-in, no questions asked. We're pretty lenient about our licensing policy and only care about abuse on a large scale.

Also, thank you for your kind remarks. John & I are pleased to know that you recognize the potential of ATK :) Alternatives aside, we're happy to see more scripts focus on motion graphics. We'll always keep our prices low and accessible. We wan't 3DS Max to thrive and we only charge so that we don't go bust trying to help. We have already logged over 1200+ hours building ATK in our spare time.

Again, great questions. Thanks for your interest!
Andru Phoenix
ATK Developer
artkitekt
Site Admin

Return to Support