Please help CAM RIG not controlling my camera

Trouble getting to da choppa'? Ask here or email us.

Please help CAM RIG not controlling my camera

Postby joe.v3d » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:36 am

I just bought and installed ATK, I've never used it before (though I have being using 3ds max professionally for quite some time)

Since it's the first time I use it I guess I'm doing something wrong, but when I check the tutorial video it seems like there's no need to do anything else after pressing the create rig button, in the video It seems to start working right away. But in my case I create the rig and have a simply box object in the scene to test the Rig and I use the different sliders and nothing moves, the camera does not react to the sliders in any way.

I tried it in max 2013 and 2014 to check if it was a version problem but no success!

It seems installed correctly and the registration/licensing worked without a problem but the camera does not get affected by the script (other tan being constrained by it and not movable in any other way as expected)
joe.v3d

Re: Please help CAM RIG not controlling my camera

Postby joe.v3d » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:45 am

Nevermind! And sorry for creating this post in the first place! I found out what I was doing wrong I was testing with the sliders in the "creation panel" not in the modify panel (after selecting the helper).

At first I thought they were the same but know I suppose the ones in the créate panel are only to set the "starting point: parameters for the new rig creation but not for controlling the rig itself.

Thanks anyways!
joe.v3d

Return to Support