Getting error: Illegal Self-reference in controller script

Trouble getting to da choppa'? Ask here or email us.

Getting error: Illegal Self-reference in controller script

Postby joe.v3d » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:42 am

Can't find anything about this in the fórum after using the search tool.

Every time I actívate the camera shake in the camera rig I get this error which pauses the render. If It happens at the beginning of the render I can press ok to the error (it appears three times one after the other) and everything if fine and renders fine. BUT it sometimes happens after frame 1 ends (not sure if it happens in the middle of the render, can't confirm because I left rendering overnight and I thought I had waited until frame one ended to go pass this erros but not sure)

So if I don't remember to wait until frame one ends and dismiss the erros render pauses at that point. Any ideas what's the error all about? can I fix it anyway?

Ps. When the error message appears and after I click ok the script contoller window opens and It shows shake variables and the expression linked to them.
joe.v3d

Re: Getting error: Illegal Self-reference in controller scri

Postby joe.v3d » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:26 am

Help anyone?

Am I the only one getting this script error?
joe.v3d

Re: Getting error: Illegal Self-reference in controller scri

Postby joe.v3d » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:10 am

Guess I won't be using the camera shake option since it always gives me this error :( both position or rotation not only rotation (which already gives a warning about "not behaving nicely") seems position isn't behaving nicely either! (and NO I'm not using the select and manipulate thingy)
joe.v3d

Return to Support